As a church school, we encourage our children to play an active role in leading regular collective worship and have our own 'Worship Team' made up of volunteers from Y3 to Y6.
The worship team are responsible for a range activities, such as:
- Preparing and leading readings, prayers and songs during our act of worship
- Setting up the cross, candles and Bible, as well as setting up the hymn and projectors
- Observing members of staff delivering worship and feeding back their ideas
- Monitoring class worship areas
- Being involved in the work around our school vision, ensuring that that this relates to our school values
The Worship Team meet once per month with the RE Subject Leader.
These are just a few of the ways in which we as a school develop young leaders and greater spiritual understanding through the wider curriculum.