In Summer 1, Year 1 will learn these...
Key objectives for the unit:
- Children will know the location and features of the local area, situating it within the nations of the UK (whose principal features and place names they should also know);
- Locate on a map the four countries of the United Kingdom.
- Identify the four capital cities and surrounding seas of the United Kingdom.
- Describe the human and physical features of one of the UK’s capital cities.
- Children will use appropriate vocabulary when describing local features and those of the UK.