In Spring 1 Year 1 will learn these...
Key objectives for the unit:
- Identify some Sikh artefacts and symbols they are aware of or know about in their daily lives.
- Identify and recall a story about a Guru.
- Talk about values in response to a Sikh story; retell the story of Dunni Chand and the needle.
- Talk about some things that happen in a Gurdwara.
- Talk about being generous and meeting generous people; why Sikhs like to share and why they like to share; identify a good reason to share.
- Recognise what the 5Ks are, why some Sikh children wear them and why they are important to them.
- Respond sensitively to the ideas of being generous, being equal and being fair.