During the Autumn Term in Year Five, we are focusing on the units 'Families and people who care for me' and 'Mental Wellbeing'.
Families and people who care for me
1. The characteristics of healthy family life, commitment to each other, including in times of difficulty, protection and care for children and other family members, the importance of spending time together and sharing each other’s lives.
2. That marriage represents a formal and legally recognised commitment of two people to each other which is intended to be lifelong.
3. How to recognise if family relationships are making us feel unhappy or unsafe, and how to seek help or advice from others if needed.
1. That bullying (including cyberbullying) has a negative and often lasting impact on wellbeing.
2. Simple self-care techniques, including the impact of rest, time spent with friends and family and the benefits of hobbies and interests.
3. How to judge whether what we are feeling and how we are behaving is appropriate and proportionate.