In Spring 2 Year 1 will learn these...
Key objectives for the unit:
- Recognise that Incarnation and Salvation are part of a ‘big story’ of the Bible.
- Tell stories of Holy Week and Easter from the Bible and recognise a link with the idea of Salvation (Jesus rescuing people).
- Recognise that Jesus gives instructions about how to behave.
- Give at least three examples of how Christians show their beliefs about Jesus’ death and resurrection in church worship at Easter.
- Think, talk and ask questions about whether the story of Easter has anything to say to them about sadness, hope or heaven, exploring different ideas.